App Store rejection

Ernesto Giannotta erne at apimac.com
Sun Jan 22 05:37:52 CST 2012

Hi Ruslan,

got this message from the App Reviewer:

> The use of non-public APIs can lead to a poor user experience should these APIs change in the future, and is therefore not permitted. The app includes unorm_isNormalized from the framework '/usr/lib/libicucore.A.dylib'.
>
> If you have defined a method in your source code with the same name as this API, we suggest altering your method name so that it no longer collides with Apple's private API to avoid your application being flagged in future submissions.
>
> Alternatively, this API may reside in a library included with your application. If you do not have access to the library's source, you may be able to search the compiled binary using "strings" or "otool" command line tools. The "strings" tool can output a list of the methods that the library calls and "otool -ov" will output the Objective-C class structures and their defined methods. These techniques can help you narrow down where the problematic code resides.

I can't find exactly unorm_isNormalized anywhere in my app, but find these strings in libvkernel_fat_release.dylib of v4cc_4_mac (4.9.1):

isnormalized
N3fbl23ENode_Func_IsNormalizedE

none of these I can find in 4.8.x and apps made with that build have been accepted.

Could you please try to fix this?

Thanks for your kind attention

Cool Runnings,
Erne.