V4iOS?

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Mon Jan 2 05:45:50 CST 2012

Hi,

happy new year for everyone!

On 2012-01-02, at 11:53, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

>> any chance that 2012 will bring an iOS version of Valentina?
>>
>> What's in the stars? ;-)
>
> You mean engine itself to keep db files?
>
> I wonder what benefits you see? :)
>
> * speed?  You really have so big files for mobile devices?
compatibility? So I can "move" the app from iOS to Mac OS to Web to Win without migration / transferring data … when thinking long enough about it, perhaps you can tell OS to handle a valentina db file as a document and put it in the ubiquity container of your app …

>   I could image that in very tight RAM of devices, Valentina will beat
>    like on old computers a lots of times ... But if you really have at
> least  100MB dbs ?
When looking at REAL datasizes not at preallocated, optimized for speed sizes, … then I would need several years to bring up a db to 100 MB, I'm dealing with invoices and jobs and not with videos or medical dna analysis

> * db complexity?  20-50 tables?
is this important?

> About port ... If remove images …
why "remove"? Do it the core data way and trepass images and other blobs through db to files in specified location and store file reference in db. This is obligatory for iOS and an option for other OSs to be able to still easily transfer db from one platform to another

> All rest seems to be very easy to port …

do it :)

regards,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord