Difference between diagnose and re-index

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Feb 25 08:30:30 CST 2012

Hi Ruslan,

On 25.02.2012, at 15:00, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 2/25/12 2:54 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Beatrix,
>
>> what's the difference between diagnose and re-indexing in regards to how
>> Valentina handles this internally? Diagnose shows my progress, re-index
>> doesn't. So I would like to know what the difference between those 2 are.
>
> Frankly saying no idea ...
>
> I do not see such difference.

This is weird. I now spent one lovely hour forcing to show the §%&/ progress window to show up. That the progress bar doesn't move is something that I'm going to ignore.

I had to:
- Add a delayMBS after starting the thread/timer for the window.
- Move the re-indexing into it's own thread.
- And set the priority of the thread to 1.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals