Sandboxing deadline extended to june 1

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Feb 23 07:37:34 CST 2012

On 2/23/12 10:15 AM, "Thorsten Hohage" <thohage at genericobjects.de> wrote:

Hi Thorsten,

> So in other words, if I've got this "shoebox" type of application that I want
> to use "synced" on several computers, w/o all this hazzle of setting up a
> public connectable server, or finding an ISP where I can install a VServer and
> ... so in a "not to enterprise" Apple way, but still use it as a single user
> and only one machine at a time, then it is a better way to use an
> adhoc-CoreData-Store (=sqlite or XML) and sync it with dropbox or iCloud, then
> to use an embedded V-ADK database?
>
> Or did I interpret your words in a wrong way??????

1) William did ask about ability of VSERVER to watch not only databases
folder, but any other location on HDD.

You now concentrate on single-user aspect ...

For single user app no problem open db from any location on HDD, including
dropbox. Then what question is ?  :-)

2) if to think about all this clouds, I'd try somehow split
            data and .ind  files

Data can go to cloud,
ind   is on desktop to reduce activity on net ...

.tmp file is in tmp folder -- no problems here ...

But again, for me this games looks strange ...

I think more right to make some script which do synch between normal db file
and its COPY / backup in the dropbox or other synch folder.