Crash when calling reindexDB

Matthew Jew mjew at icnc.com
Tue Apr 24 19:49:58 CDT 2012

On Apr 20, 2012, at 6:25 AM, valentina-request at lists.macserve.net wrote:

> Message: 4
> Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:29:40 +0300
> From: Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com>
> To: "valentina at lists.macserve.net" <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
> Subject: Re: Crash when calling reindexDB
>
> On 4/19/12 3:23 AM, "Matthew Jew" <mjew at icnc.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Matthew,
>
>> I finally solved my problem compiling on Mac OS X with the new C++ VSDK.
>> (I was including too much; I had included some Valentina source files that I
>> did not need to include.)
>>
>> Now I have a strange problem;
>> When my application calls Reindex() on a database,
>> my application crashes with a
>> Exception Type:  EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGBUS)
>> Exception Codes: KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE at 0x0000000000000004
>>
>> everything else seems to work as it has worked for years.
>>
>> Is there something new about Reindex() that I need to know?
>
> We talk about 4.9.1
> Right?
>
> Nothing special about Reindex() ... Strange ...
>
> We can
>
> A) check Examples of VSDK,
> may be in simplest insert this call and see if it works

Reindex() is not called in the Examples of VSDK.

> B) workaround  -- use
>    db.SqlExecute(  "REINDEX DATABASE" );

I was trying to use SqlExecute("REINDEX DATABASE"),
but I do not have a I_SqlDatabase_Ptr, only a I_Database_Ptr.

This is how I make my database object:

	DB = FBL::CreateDatabase();

I have never created a SQLDatabase.
In the past, even though I had not created a SQLDatabase I could still use SqlExecute.
Has that changed?

- Matthew