Lion and case-insensitive isue. No issue !!

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Sep 18 05:01:26 CDT 2011

On 9/17/11 3:09 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

> As I'm finalizing my fight with Cocoa: are there any news on the lovely
> case-sensitive database issue?

Wow,

You have not see my posts in the mantis? :)
1-2 weeks ago I think

    http://www.valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=5613

============
good news
there is no bug in ICU, there is no bug in Valentina

In short, with Lion,. You MUST specify explicitly

    db.LocaleName = "en_US"  or any other you need

What exactly was changed behind is not clear.
But this simple addition solves case-insensitive issues.

We have made few such lines in our regression tests.
And all right again.

And 4.9.1 release still fine on this way.