CopyCursorToNewTable

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sun Sep 18 01:15:36 CDT 2011

On 9/15/2011 5:58 PM, George Parkinson wrote:
> hello all,
> i'm running into a snag when using CopyCursorToNewTable.
> all VarChar(x) fields from the source cursor get copied as VarChar(20)
> in the destination table.
> the same thing happens with String fields...getting copied as String(20).
> it doesn't seem to matter if the destination is local or remote.
> am i missing something or is this a bug?

I have double checked it and found no such an issue.

CREATE TABLE t1( fldString String(50), fldVarChar Varchar(50) )

In result table (after CopyCursorToNewTable()) both fields are 50
symbols length and
all the data copied correctly.

Probably you use some old vKernel version?

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database