Field Type ARRAY? Field Type SET?

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Thu Oct 27 03:51:40 CDT 2011

Am 27.10.2011 um 10:09 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:

> What you mean about VarBinary?  I have not catch.
>
> What exactly you want store into ARRAY?
>    What type items?
>    how much?
>    you think about fixed size array like  Months[12]
>    or dynamic size?

Hi Ruslan

Look at

http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=valentina:vcomponents:vkernel:vfield:collections:array

where it says:

tbl.CreateArray(
fldArray",        // filed name
kTypeShort,       // item type
kTypeVarBinary,   // storage type
2044,             // max number of items
fNullable + fIndexed +  fSorted
);

This description (2 FileTypes!) is odd.

I want to save different attributes of a Text (kind of corrections by an author, status of a Manuskript etc.) and they should be searchable. I know that I can do this with a VarChar and FindContains, but this is not indexed. With approx. 3-400000 Records a indexed way would be better. Boolean-Fields are not flexible enough.
I can change this  without too much work in Version 5.

BTW: I don't think that it is a good idea to include stuff into the documentation that is not yet realized. Maybe my english is too poor, but for me, 'draft' means that the documentation is not yet in a final stage. It does not say that the thing itself doesn't exist yet.

But thanks anyway for the quick answer.
Karl