Field Type ARRAY? Field Type SET?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Oct 27 03:09:54 CDT 2011

On 10/27/11 10:08 AM, "Karl Grob" <kgrob at mus.ch> wrote:

Hi Karl,

> I am working in ClassWay (RB2011.3; VRB4-4.9) and cannot find any sign of the
> FieldType ARRAY.

Right.  Valentina 4.x do not have ARRAY field type.

For 5.0 we have added ENUM type.
And will continue to add
    composite and
    array of simple types first of all

>  API-Way gives me for CreateArray "This Method or property
> does not exist" and within the wiki-documentation I am puzzled by the fact
> that kTypeVarBinary isn't a storagetype but a second fieldType.
> Nothing seems to work with these 'Collection'-types.

What you mean about VarBinary?  I have not catch.

What exactly you want store into ARRAY?
    What type items?
    how much?
    you think about fixed size array like  Months[12]
    or dynamic size?

In fact, you should realize, that TABLE itself is ARRAY.
You can make table Months with 12 columns,
And this table will play roles of array.

> VArraySet and VSet do not correspond at all to the documented fields (at this
> place of Wiki!) and I know how to use them for links and searches.
> How can this be defined (VArray?) and initialized?

    Vset, VArraySet and VBitSet

Are intended to keep set of RecIDs of selected records.
So this is not what you search for ...