Getting Started with Valentina Server // Thanks for purchasing Valentina products

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Nov 11 14:26:37 CST 2011

On 11/11/11 8:51 PM, "Webb, Allan" <awebb at qualcomm.com> wrote:

Hi Allan,

> First, thanks for releasing a free 5 license product. I'm looking forward
> to checking it out and playing around with it.
>
> Unfortunately, there is very little in the way of documentation that makes
> any sense. I can't find anything useful on the docuwiki which would
> explain how to interact with Office Server 5 after it's installed.

> The main web site seems to indicate that there is supposed to be a version of
> Valentina Studio Admin Edition delivered as part of Office Server 5, but I
> can't find that anywhere.
>
> To be honest, your web site has essentially zero documentation about the
> product other than how to do the initial installation.

Yes, we need write article
    Vserver - Getting Started.

Just up to know, Valentina developers have started mainly from some ADK and
then have come to vserver, so for them was easy understand.

We will try make such article during weekend.
Meanwhile

1) Valentina Studio  PRO -- you can download it from menu DOWNLOAD.
    it is not included in the archive of Vserver.

2) Vstduio can allow you visually connect and manage dbs under vserver.
Also design Reports if you  need.

3) having VSERVER, like e.g. MySQL or Postgre, you need now choose some
programming language, right?

What language you going to use?

When you choose that, you  need go to DOWNLOAD section and download
corresponded ADK, install it, check its docs, examples and start
programming.

4) Valentina WIKI.

        http://www.valentina-db.com/dokuwiki/doku.php

If jump here, you can see on left

A) Valentina articles section -- very useful articles to read, to get info
where Valentina differes from other RDBMS.

B) FAQ, Featuers, TIPs, sections can in few minutes show something useful
also.

C) Valentina Products Documentation  -- click t to expand folder

c1) Valentina ADK - click this folder also

    here you can see entry points for EACH Valentina ADK.
        where you will find links to Installation, Manual, Deployment, Faqs,

c2) Valentina Server Documentation

c3) Valentina Studio Documentation

D) Valentina Components section contains
        Valentina SQL
        Valentina KERNEL
        Valentina Reports

E) At bottom or main Valentina WIKI menu you can find
    Valentina Video Tutorials -- set of video lessons, most for Reports,
        but also about some OS tips, ODBC import, ...