SV: [ANN] Paradigma makes Vserver Office /5 (DB+REPORTS) to be FREE

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Nov 8 08:48:12 CST 2011

On 11/8/11 3:53 PM, "XL-Dennis Consulting" <consult at xldennis.com> wrote:

Hi Dennis,

> FYI:
> http://xldennis.wordpress.com/2011/11/08/excel-valentina-database/

Thank you.

> From a general point of view I welcome this initiative and it's highly
> appreciated. But the "free"-approach must be carefully handle as it
> otherwise can come back and bite You so to speak.
>
> As You point out the Studio + Report tool makes it very interesting,
> especially for SMBs (Small & Medium sized company).

Exactly.

> As I see it, it exist two main issues:
>
> - How to spread the word

Step by step :)

> - How to convince potential customers to use Valentina DB and buy
> support.

It seems you mean more good marketing/docs materials on site.
Agree.

> There are some aspect that  I would like to address:
> - Offer a yearly support that cost US$ ? per year. This is a must,
> especially when targeting SMBs. For instance, three different levels
> of support; gold, silver and bronze support.

The most important point from this list.
Yes we have think about this,
And yes, I think this should be added asap. Right Lynn?

> - Publish case studies that allow Vserver + Valentina DB shine extra,
> i.e. cases that shows them from their best side.
> - Ask present customers to allow You to publish real world
> applications as "White papers" so that potential customers understand
> how they can use it but also to give  a signal that Valentina is
> actually used. (You already have a list of customers published on Your
> site.)
> - Wiki documentation must be completed. As it is now it gives the
> wrong signal...
> - Consider a public web based Q&A forum, it makes it possible for
> potential customers to scan it and see some activity.

> - Last year when I was a newbie I had difficulties to understand the
> various products You offer. The information regarding the different
> products must be simplified.

This will happens for 5.0

We will change product Line.
It will be simplified a lots. You will see :)
Will be less SKUs in the store.

> - The terms of use must be easy to understand.

This is to Lynn I think.

> - Collect as much as possible information from people who ask for a
> free version. That should give the sales people input.
>
> Questions and comments on the notes.
>
> Note 1:
> So what You say is that, as long as we use Vserver according to the
> rules we can also use The Studio + Report and ADK for free. That's
> really nice but again I believe You need to offer a special support
> for it.

Agree.

We have no only incident case of support.
This is not enough.

> Note 4:
> No problems but before we do it the version 5.0 must be available for
> download.
>
> Anyway, fwiw the above is my 2c-opion and feel free to discuss it.

Thank you, Dennis.