[ANN] Paradigma makes Vserver Office /5 (DB+REPORTS) to be FREE

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Nov 8 04:12:10 CST 2011

Hi Guys,

First of all we want inform about this on this list to get some feedback.

Here you can read details.

<http://www.valentina-db.com/en/company/news/1-latest-news/257-paradigma-sof
tware-releases-free-business-ready-database-and-reports-server>

So our idea is:

* we want increase popularity of Valentina db
* we understand that best way for this to allow some free usage.

* We have choose Valentina Office Server with 5 connections to be free for
almost everything:

    - not commercial projects
    - academic projects

And
    - small business for usage in own office and development in-house apps

Note 1:

(!!!) Very important to understand, that free is not only Vserver/5.
You and your clients can and should download trio:
    - VServer Office
    - Valentina Studio Pro   -- to be able design reports if needed
    - any or all Valentina ADK you want.

Remember rule:  { Any VCLIENT is free }

So you can use Vstudio and ADK to work with that vserver for free.
Indeed. Valentina.InitClient() do not ask for serials. Right?

But if you will need work with LOCAL DB, then serials are required for ADK
and VStudio.

Note 2:

We think that VServer can looks more attractive than e.g. MySQL or Postgre
server for small business office not only because of speed, db model, better
API, but also because it is not just a  DB server, but also REPORT server.

As you may know, report server around mySQL/Postgre self can cost easy
1500$ - $15,000 +

Note 3:

This free VSERVER/5 *CANNOT* be used for free for deployment of some app
with it, i.e. When developer or soft-company make app and deploy it in
compiled form. So this company has ownership of sources of the app.

In this case, should work VDN - Valentina Embedded Server.

Note 4:

Will be helpful if you help us spread this news where you can ...

Enjoy. :-)