[V4RB] FileStorm corrupting Valentina DB

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed May 11 12:44:52 CDT 2011

On 5/11/11 6:55 PM, "Bill Mounce" <rb at teknia.com> wrote:

Hi Bill,

> Have any of you had this experience. I am creating an installer with
> Mindvision's FileStorm (Macintosh), and all of it works fine except that the
> vdb (or perhaps blb) file is always corrupted. If I copy the database over
> manually, it works. But as long as it is installed with FileStorm, it is
> corrupt. Even Studio can't open it up. Suggestions? I could use Iceberg to
> create the installer, but it can't (easily) installer into the users account.

Strange.

* Vdb files do not have resource ...  Just binary file.
What they can corrupt ?

* May be db is very big?  2GB?  Or less?

* you want deploy db with records to users ?
If not - then best way just create empty db on user side

* have try compare that corrutped file to original?
May be try to find DIFF to see what they change?

* may be you can put ZIP of db into installer