Corrupt index

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Jun 18 08:32:27 CDT 2011

Hi Ivan,

yes, this is during adding records. No, there are no records deleted. Is it possible that I'm missing a flush somewhere?

On 17.06.2011, at 07:51, Ivan Smahin wrote:

>> how and when exactly are indices created?
>>
>> After adding data, my application does a diagnose. I now got the second user reporting a problem. Today I got a diagnose report with the following content:
>>
>> Field: MessageBody. Index record count (26064) differ from field one (25924).
>> Problems found! ( Table: Message )
>>
>> MessageBody is a Text field:
>>
>> dim MessageBody as VText = new VText("MessageBody",  1*1024, EVFlag.fIndexed + EVFlag.fIndexByWords)
>>
> Index will be created just after this call.
> Then, I guess, you are adding some records and judging on the diagnose message there is some "delete records" as well.
> And finally some crash before db.Flush?
>
>> When writing to MessageBody I do the following:
>>
>>     theCursor.field("MessageBody").setString theNewBody
>>     theCursor.UpdateRecord
>>     theCursor.SetBlank
>>     theCursor.Database.Flush
>>
> SetBlank is about to set all field values to zero. Why do you need this call before db.Flush?
> Meanwhile it is not a problem - just looks like redundant.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.