valentina server office -- client side cursor

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Jul 6 03:02:46 CDT 2011

On 7/6/11 1:08 AM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com" <christian at chriskatdev.com>
wrote:

Hi Christian,

> Indeed a "select **" takes more than 4 hours, when there are only a few MB to
> bring.
>
> And what exactly cursor you use?
>     server-side is not good here
>
>     client-side?   Should work fast I think, than more
>         that your 8Mb will be ziped in this case into 1MB
>
> Check client side cursor first of all

You says you have 4 hours

I think this is because you use SERVER SIDE cursor,

    db.SqlSelect(  "SELECT * ", ...   KClientSide, kReadOnly  )

Try CLIENT SIDE cursor.

This cursor move all records to client side RAM  as single push.

Again -- if cursor with N records, > 1Kb  then ZIP compression is used
To save time on network