Partial Clone == Dump of Tree of related records

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Jan 26 15:14:17 CST 2011

On 1/25/11 4:36 AM, "John Sims" <john at conceptualight.com> wrote:

Hi John,

> Just thinking out loud, I don't suppose there is a way to enable
> Valentina to create "Partial" clones:
>
> I'd like to choose a specific record from a certain table then have that
> record and any records of any tables down the relationship tree cloned.
> If there are any tables that are not in the relationship tree, all
> records for those tables would be cloned.

> That, and Triggers on Binary Links, would take me a long way towards
> being able to build my replication engine.
>
> Thanks for listening.  Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Yes, we have also think about this possibility few year ago yet,
When did XML dumps ...

XML format is the most confortable for this task I think.

Although it is possible produce and text file with SQL commands which do the
same

Yes interesting task ... And have many sense.

Question yet invent nice SYNTAX for it:
    API?    SQL?     GUI also?