Deleting data takes much longer in 4.8

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Jan 23 07:33:17 CST 2011

On 1/23/11 2:57 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

> Why does deleting data take so much longer in 4.8 when compared to 4.6?
>
> My database schema isn't complicated: Mailbox : Message : Attachment have two
> 1 : n relationships. Having in the database several empty mailboxes and one
> mailbox with about 6.000 messages it takes in 4.6 the long time of about 40
> seconds to delete the mailbox. In 4.8 I killed the application after more than
> 3 minutes! Is this a bug or a feature?

Then I will ask you spend 5-10 minutes on this:

* open Activity Monitor of OS X

* start delete operation in 4.6 and click button  Sample Process
     for your app in the Activity Monitor
     it will measure about 10 seconds it seems. That is enough.

* then do the same please for 4.8 based your app

Then make mantis report and attach both sample files there.

We will compare here who eat time.