Deleting data takes much longer in 4.8

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Jan 23 06:57:20 CST 2011

Why does deleting data take so much longer in 4.8 when compared to 4.6?

My database schema isn't complicated: Mailbox : Message : Attachment have two 1 : n relationships. Having in the database several empty mailboxes and one mailbox with about 6.000 messages it takes in 4.6 the long time of about 40 seconds to delete the mailbox. In 4.8 I killed the application after more than 3 minutes! Is this a bug or a feature?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.