Corrupt Database

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Tue Jan 4 10:04:37 CST 2011

I have seen only 2 scenarios, which corrupt Valentina databases.

1. A rare bug when writing big amounts of data to a database.
2. The user does the 3 finger salute during writing.

Nothing really can happen when you use flush often.

As far as I understand databases threads aren't really a good idea for single-user databases. For this you should use a server, which is multi-threaded by default.

valentina-bounces+bwillius=gmx.de at galileo.macserve.net schrieb am 03.01.2011 18:55:29:

> I guess a more pressing question (since I have a backup of the
> database and am not worried about lost data) is: How do I prevent
> this from happening in the future. I'm looking at migrating our
> product to Valentina... but not with this being a possibility. I can
> honestly say that I've never had this problem with SQLite in over 3
> years. In under 3 weeks of using Valentina I already have one
> database corrupted (apparently) beyond recovery. I absolutely love
> how Valentina works, especially its speed. But is there a Best
> Practices approach to ensure this doesn't happen?

Regards
Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.