App Store still complaining

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Feb 20 06:49:51 CST 2011

On 2/20/11 2:36 PM, "Ernesto Giannotta" <erne at apimac.com> wrote:

Hi Erne,

> still a problem with the App Store here:
>

>> We've completed the review of your app but cannot post this version to the
>> App Store because it is linking against a missing framework:
>>
>> </Applications/Notepad.app/Contents/Frameworks/V4CC.framework/V4CC>
>> links against: </Library/Frameworks/V4CC.framework> (MISSING)
>>
>> This is not in compliance with the App Store Review Guidelines
>> <https://developer.apple.com/appstore/mac/resources/approval/guidelines.html>
>>
>> 2.24 Apps that use deprecated or optionally installed technologies (e.g.,
>> Java, Rosetta) will be rejected
>>

> Is there some install_name_tool command I can add to the install script to fix
> this?

Actually wow, Erne.
This means you have not prepare your app for deployment on clean MACs.

Did you try to run your app on a clean MAC, where was not installed V4CC?
I think you did not. And app will not start there of course.

So solution is

Remember special deployment scripts in V4RB / V4REV / ...  ?

Yes, you need install V4CC inside of your app.
I not remember if in our WIKI exists script for deployment of V4CC.
If not - let me know -- it is not hard to make it from V4RB script.