64 bit shifting

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Feb 18 05:19:50 CST 2011

Hello,

On 2/18/2011 3:26 AM, Chris Jones wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is there a way to make a valentina method field do its bit shifting in
> 64 bit, I would like to do the following in a method field:
>
> "(fieldLongField1<<32) + fldLongField2"
>
> When I attempt this the first field becomes zero which indicates to me
> that it is being done with 32 bit integers.  Is there a way to change
> this?

What do you mean by "first field"?
No - it is 64 bits integers.

select 4294967295 << 32;

=> -4294967296

Please - rewrite your question in SQL - I mean with data prepare steps
and then the query which makes you think that something is wrong.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database