Valentina Server + V4MD, 4.7, big problem

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Feb 14 13:11:35 CST 2011

On 2/13/11 5:53 PM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
<christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:

Hi Christian,

> The client application sends a request to the server.

> The request is a select request (select * from myTable) (after connection to
> the server of course).

Danger query -- the whole table ?
    all fields and all recs ?

> The table myTable contains 5700 records and about 20 fields. The size of the
> database is 7 MB.

> The fields are boolean, long long, varchar and text.

> After the client application receives the cursor result
> (getrecordsasproplist), it puts the records in the local database of the
> client application.

Hmm,

So you force V4MD convert recs of cursor into  prop-list
  very  not easy operation

Then you EXTRACT that back from prop list into local db?

I think about 3 months ago, we have add SINGLE func to
Copy remote cursor into local db ...

It needs check if it was added into V4MD API.

> If we are on local network, it takes 1 or 2 minutes to do that (sending,
> answering and putting in  the local database).

> If we are on VPN, it takes several hours (2 hours for the shortest time, more
> than 10 hours for the longest time).

> Other requests of same application are ok with VPN (but with small cursor).
> In this request, I have 7 MB... and very long time (??)

May be faster will be use SQL SUMP of table in your case