Valentina Server + V4MD, 4.7, big problem

Christian - ChrisKatDev.com christian at chriskatdev.com
Sun Feb 13 09:53:44 CST 2011

Le 12 févr. 2011 à 19:38, Ruslan Zasukhin a écrit :

> On 2/11/11 5:27 PM, "Christian - ChrisKatDev.com"
> <christian at chriskatdev.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Christian,
>
>> I have embedded server with 250 connections.
>> This server is on VPN (checkpoint) and local Network
>>
>> I have a request "select * from table" in Director and the size of all records
>> = 7 MO
>>
>> On local Networks, I have my cursor and my list of records in short time (< 1
>> minute)
>> Same server BUT on VPN, same movie, same operation, same PC, take 4 H 45
>> minutes... (0.4 ko/sec)
>> After this long time, I have my data, but 4H45 is a problem !!
>>
>> Cache of Valentina is 64 MO (V4MD)
>>
>> Have you a limit for cursor size when we are on VPN + V4MD + VServer ?
>
> Of course we do not have any software limits.
> And vserver have no any special line of code about VPN.
>
> Reason must be in other place I think.
>
> --------
> Somehow I wonder ...
> Even for local networ you says  < 1 min
>
> Not < 1 sec  but minute ...
>
> What is this?  What a list?
> Pictures? Blobs here?
>
> Cursor is client side or server side?
>
> And so on?
Hi Ruslan,

The client application sends a request to the server.
The request is a select request (select * from myTable) (after connection to the server of course).
The table myTable contains 5700 records and about 20 fields. The size of the database is 7 MB.
The fields are boolean, long long, varchar and text.
After the client application receives the cursor result (getrecordsasproplist), it puts the records in the local database of the client application.
If we are on local network, it takes 1 or 2 minutes to do that (sending, answering and putting in  the local database).
If we are on VPN, it takes several hours (2 hours for the shortest time, more than 10 hours for the longest time).

Other requests of same application are ok with VPN (but with small cursor).
In this request, I have 7 MB... and very long time (??)

br
Christian