Some server questions. VDN and Vstudio

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Dec 30 04:27:04 CST 2011

On 12/29/11 9:05 AM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

>> - Part of the VDN is a VStudio license for me. But what about
>> my customers? Do they get a license, too? Do they need to buy
>> their own license or can I resell this, too, like with OEMs?
>> VStudio as management for the server is really overkill. I
>> would prefer something simpler, but I don't want to develop
>> something myself.

1) What exactly you think YOUR users should be able do with VSERVER ?
    Vserver comes with idea ZERO - configuration.

2) You really want give into hands of 1000 or even 10,000 your possible
customers tools to change vserver?  Don't you think you will get nightmare
of support of results of their changes?

I think you do not want they be able connect to vserver and change something
in your dbs. Right?

Valentina Embedded Server idea is that only YOUR application should work
with your db. Agree?

Also do not forget that Vserver Embedded allows only connection with special
signature. And only YOUR app should know that signature of VDN developer.

---
Also note, that some advanced users of your app, which know info that
vserver is used can

A) extract DB from database folder to desktop for example.
B) download Vstudio and in demo mode, which in v5 will be 20 min per start
do something with db ...

3) IF we talk about reports ... Well I also doubt that users of your app,
will be so skilled to make changes in your reports ...