Some server questions

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Dec 29 14:11:14 CST 2011

Hi Trixi,

> - Why and when do I need to register databases? What exactly
> does it do? I don't remember doing it and I still was able to
> connect to the database.

I think Ruslan can answer this in more detail - I don't believe you are
asking here about Vstudio, right?

> - Part of the VDN is a VStudio license for me. But what about
> my customers? Do they get a license, too? Do they need to buy
> their own license or can I resell this, too, like with OEMs?
> VStudio as management for the server is really overkill. I
> would prefer something simpler, but I don't want to develop
> something myself.

Valentina Studio Admin and Pro are standalone products. One license is
included in VDN.

Currently we do not have an OEM licensing model for Valentina Studio. We've
had customers who've purchased them in bulk and we've been able to give
discounts on those. It is entirely possible to also work with us a
resellers.

Something we've talked about is offering a limited version that can be
distributed by VDN customers - either something focused on the db end of it,
or a Report Reader type application. There is a lot of technical work that
would have to go into that. The goal for us isn't to reduce sales of VS Pro,
but to provide our customers with the tools they need for their customers.
Other companies have done this with either a dirt simple and feature limited
application or as a report reader type application.

Im totally open to discussion on this topic right now. Right now, our plate
is extremely full for Valentina 5.0 and we are planning for .1, .2 etc. If
it makes sense to produce these solutions (real demand) then its more likely
we can do them.

So...everyone - toss out your desires and lets discuss :-)

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software