V4REV - select using sql functions returns bizarre values

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:01:37 CST 2011

Attempting to do this using

 put VDatabase_SqlQuery( tValDatabaseHandle, tStatement) into tCursor

using the select/function examples being discussed here causes OS X
10.6.8 to go into a terminal CPU lock (spinning beachball).  Getting
access to any Finder features is impossible.  A hard reset of the
computer is required.

Attempting tests using

 put VDatabase_SQLSelectRecords( tValDatabaseHandle, tStatement) into tResult

returns the same bizarre results are those I am complaining about with
VDatabase_SqlSelect.

Bernard