Case-insensitive searches with Lion

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Aug 3 14:16:38 CDT 2011

On 8/3/11 5:38 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

> This is actually good news. The first time I saw this I thought the brain was
> going.
>
> While my computer is a german in spirit his language setting is set to
> english! The format, though, is german. But changing to USA doesn't change
> anything. Also, the other computer - an older laptop - shows the same problem
> as well as an older version of my app. But only in Lion. Could the problem be
> the ICU library?

Yes Beatrix ...

Sounds like ICU  core problem ...

But this VERY wonder me ...

Deal is that we use API yet from ICU 2.7 ...
While latest ICU is 4.8,  not sure that Lion use in OS.

And ICU is very accurate library.
Each method marked as STABLE in 2.0 for example ...

We use only such public stable methods ...

ICU has tons of tests ... You can not even image how much tests they have.

So it is very hard to believe for me that Lion uses some buggy ICU ..
But everything can happens of course ..

----
Also it seems problem is reproduced not on all Lions ...

May be difference in how Lion was installed?
Try all compare this.

My guess is -- may be there is difference on clean Lion install
 and install over older 10.6 ?

May be mistake in the installator, and Lion mix dlls from 10.6 ad 10.7