Get the Omegabundle for LiveCode Bundle and Save 85% - LimitedTime

Barry G. Sumpter barrysum at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 24 01:27:30 CDT 2011

Hi Lynn,

Thanks so much for taking your valuable time to reply.

Now that I've had a bit of a look at LiveCode I'll be sticking with RB for
desktop
and having a good look at LiveCode for Android development.

I certainly would prefer to stay with RB for Android dev.  But no go.

I'm hoping the learning curve for LC and Android is shorter than vb.net.
It's gotta be shorter.

I used to work for a company who also sold tools for VB.
Super fun researching and trying each and every tool.

Later got stung on a few projects when 3rd party companies closed down
or stopped support or started charging too much for updates etc.

Had a very smart client who absolutely refused to use 3rd party products for
that very reason.

I like the fact that LC people have been there for two decades.
That's like two millennia in IT years.  LOL

Some of the experience requirements on job ads are just ridiculous.
You expect the job to pay $150,000 but offer only $35,000.

I usually let the project direct my research.
But no project at the moment so I can pick my own platform.
So I see Android market and iPhone market are the most in demand.
But the price on purchasing an app are incredibly low.
Which is good for the buyer but the developer gets very little.
Perhaps they are looking at selling to a larger market.

Both the iPhone/IPad and the Android addins for LiveCode look to be still in
beta.
And I think are currently unavailable for trial versions.

Which puts me in a holding pattern for tesing vOfficeServer as well.
And deciding on the OmegaBundle.

Thanks again and all my best to everyone,
     Barry G. Sumpter

I see Warren has answered my query on LC and OSX.
I'll have a go and post to let you all know how it goes.