Get the Omegabundle for LiveCode Bundle and Save 85% - LimitedTime

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Fri Apr 22 09:37:56 CDT 2011

> Trying to sort this all out again.
> Very glad to see I didn't miss out on good deal last time
> Omegabundle was available.
>
> Does LiveCode use Valentina as its DB
> or is there some other database that LiveCode needs?

This bundle comes with Valentina ADK+ for LiveCode (Windows, Mac, Linux) and
a copy of Valentina Office Server Unlimited. I does have built in support
for SQLite. This actually parallels what we did a few months ago with
Omegabundle for REAL Studio.

I think in comparing products, its easy to get tripped up with a RB vs
LiveCode debate.

-- You have output which has overlaps - producing apps that run on Windows,
Mac OS X, Linux for example.
-- Both have not so similar web strategies.
-- LiveCode has implementations to deploy apps to iPhone / iPad and Android.

There is no doubt at all that the language and IDE paradigms are 100%
different; the difference makes them more appealing to different types of
users.

User type and development - that's a question in itself. My feeling has
always been that a developer should have a lot of tools in his toolbox, for
two reasons:

-- a larger skill set means you are able to bid on more projects

-- the vagarities of health of the vendor, and vendor decisions, have less
of an impact on you

Getting a tool and learning how to use it doesn't mean you toss out all the
other tools in your toolbox.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President