[V4CC] 4.8b5, introduce KVC, KVO, CursorController, 3 new examples

Ernesto Giannotta erne at apimac.com
Thu Sep 16 17:35:04 CDT 2010

Hello Ruslan,

I was about to try these new KVC features but the examples are missing the .xib files.

Then I tested my bug reports and I'm happy to confirm that all issues are gone!
No more leaks and no more crashes :-)

I found a strange problem though... I'm using a VDatabase subclass calle MyDB that has an init method

- (id) initDatabase;

Well, when I call it like this

mDB = [[MyDB alloc] initDatabase];

Xcode start complaining about a duplicate method name found in the new VDatabaseController class

-(void)	initDatabase;

So to make it work I had to rename my method, no big issue but...
how can this be?

My class is a VDatabase subclass and VDatabaseController is a NSObjectController subclass, how can they conflict?

Scratching my head...