Valentina for Director from mySQL db.

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Sep 6 13:11:37 CDT 2010

On 9/6/10 8:42 PM, "Roland Farkas" <r.farkas at crocsystems.de> wrote:

Hi Roland,

> I have a web app, which uses MySql already. That I can not change. From the
> data in the MySql I want to create a Valentina Export which can be used by a
> CD-Rom made with Director. The Cd-Rom is read only.

> So on the server I want to
> put together all Files needed for the cd-rom.

> Hope I could make it clear ;-).

> So only thing I want to do on the server (automated), is to export the MySql
> Data to Valentina DB.

And you want automate this because this will be done many times?
If this will be done ONCE, then sense to automate it?

> The created DB files should be ready to use with Valentina for Director.

Valentina DB files always are the same, and can be used by any Valentina
product.

> How would be the easiest way and what would I need to
> do the job. Would Valentina Free Server do the job on the server side?

I think I almost catch your idea. :)

So you have
*  mySQL server with db
* you need (periodically ?) export the whole (?) or partial this db
   and then IMPORT that data into Valentina DB.

* Then you  want to use this Valentina DB from V4MD and from CD.
Ok no problems.

Question is why you think you need to use Vserver at all
And than more put it on Linux where is mySQL.

You have few ways

1) You automate EXPORT only from mySQL.
Export happens from N table to N text files.

Then you COPY this text files  to your MAC or WIN.
And now you can IMPORT them table by table into Valentina DB
Using Cursor.ImportText()

Of course you need yet create tables in Valentina DB.

2) you can try do SQL dump of mySQL db.
Then in ideal you can by single line
    db.LoadDump( "path to file" )

Get Valentina db with all tables and records.

But here important that mySQL dump was in ANSI format.
On default it is not.

3) it is possible from VStudio, ODBC Import Wizard,
Import the whole mySQL database by single click (in ideal).

For this you need create ODBC data source around your mySQL db.