Valentina Manual?

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Wed Sep 1 11:18:52 CDT 2010

Hi Werner,

as far as I remember there was a lot to change from V1 to V2. A big part of the API was changed. You can get the version of RB by checking the first characters of the project file.

Am 01.09.2010 um 11:27 schrieb Ubr Werner:

> but there I didn't  really find what I am searching for.
> Once there was a tutorial "Valentina for Realbasic, c1999-2000" and there was described how to build static classes. The current tutorial seems to use only a dynamic approach.
> The project I have to update is old and relies on the class technique. The latest version of the project crash RB on compiling. all previous RB-Version I try also do.
> When I try an earlier version of the project I get a lot of compiler messages that functions are not found (FirstRecord, Lastrecord, Set...) I am not sure to have heard that the class method is not supported any more but I couldn't find a certain info so I am searching for an actual manual or tutorial describing that method so I can find the error.
>
> Also a problem is that, thanks to missing version info in the Valentina plugin, I do not know which version the project was built with. 2/2008 the project was to be updated with the actual V$RB Version but this version now doesn't work, the previous Version seemed to be from somewhere in 2003 (VRB 1.xx or so). In the lost of old V4RB Versions I couldn find some history info to find which version should be compatible to which RB Version and should work with the license code from 2/2008.
> It would be a mess to fiddle around and try all the version in combination with a project I do not know for which VRB version it was built.
>
> any help appreciated.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.