[VPHP] How to open local vdb from Standalone VPHP?

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Oct 7 10:42:28 CDT 2010

On 10/7/10 3:09 PM, "Roland Farkas" <r.farkas at crocsystems.de> wrote:

> Hi Ruslan
>
> Am 07.10.2010 um 14:04 schrieb Ruslan Zasukhin:
>
> On 10/7/10 2:58 PM, "Roland Farkas" <r.farkas at crocsystems.de> wrote:
>
> Hi Roland,
>
> hm, there is not much there in the documentation. I am looking for some simple
> examples: How to open a Valentina DB? How to create/edit records? Maybe you
> can point me to the right place, this would save me lots os time.
>
> VPHP examples will be installed when you install VPHP archive.
>
> Few examples provided.
>
> TIP:  Valentina PHP functions are 95% similar to mySQL funcs
>
> As of my understanding, I don't need Valentina Server to open and modify
> Valentina DB. Right?
>
> There are two ways
>
> A) VServer + VPHP as client
>
> B) VPHP Standalone -- separate archive.
>   includes the whole Valentina engine
>

> In case B you can work without vserver. Yes.
>
> I understand, but how do I open the DB Files. I have the db file
> something.vdb, which I have used in Valentina for Director. How can I open and
> edit this db with php? The documentation is giving val_connect. But this works
> only with the server as of my understanding.
>
> Once connected to the db file, all the commands are the same as for server
> connection?

Hi Roland,

>From code I see that can be used

    val_connect( "", "", "", ... )

Empty host, then  VPHP consider to be LOCAL for VPHP Standalone

Next should be used

    val_select_db()

But here I doubt for MAC.
On win/linux you should be able give here even path ...

You need what OS ?

PLEASE add report into mantis to
A) improve docs about this in VPHP section
B) may be check if VPHP Standalone can work with local db