vServer database file location

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Mon Oct 4 02:28:52 CDT 2010

Hello william,

Saturday, October 2, 2010, 9:39:15 PM, you wrote:

> This one: GET PROPERTY LOGFILESLOCATION OF server - has kernel error
> invalid parameter name.  So the WIKI for that one needs to be changed.
> I tried everything in those WIKI about the SERVER and am getting
> nowhere for what I would like to do which is change the database
> location.

> In any case I need the "DATABASEFILESLOCATION" and that isn't a parameter.

get property SYSTEMCATALOG of server
Set property SYSTEMCATALOG of server to 'c:\\database1'

General approach is following

show properties of server;

All that params are available to be changed or getting as a property.
Changing ini-based params cause changes in the ini.

Today  I  will check that wiki page and make a fixes there if needed -
thank you.

> If you can help me figure this out I'll make a recording of the steps
> needed to do this as I'm sure many folks would be interested in
> keeping their databases in a Dropbox folder.

Shared  folders  -  probably  it  is  not  a  good  idea. Because the
databases  are under vServer and it would be bunch of issues with such
usage - vServer is self for sharing db access.

Instead  you  may  think of backuping db and put such backups wherever you
want  (including  dropbox)  for  sharing.  BTW - you may do backups on
schedule  basis  -  see  BACKUP DATABASE  and CREATE EVENT, SHOW
EVENTS sql-statements.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc