AW: AW: Valentina 4.7 has broken existing Rev App

Thorsten Hohage thohage at genericobjects.de
Tue Nov 23 08:02:34 CST 2010

Hi Tiemo,

On 2010-11-23, at 14:48, Tiemo Hollmann TB wrote:

> If there are no more ideas, I have to roll back to Valentina 3.5.1. and dump
> Valentina 4.7

did you try the couple of default kicking-the-box things for a windows machine?

* what is about anti-virus and other security software ... try to really switch them off and see what happens (I had to solve just yesterday a nasty thing with newest Panda on a Windows 7 machine)

* what is about all this "fancy" (sorry, I'm a native mac guy) new security things done by windows

* what is with the used drive, is it on CD / DVD ... could it be falling in a sleep mode and so not accessible Valentina expects to be

* are there anything strange to be seen in window console / task manager just around this ten minutes

* did you run in on a german machine? try it on a english one?  ... btw. what about the paths anything with Umlauts or other chars could be misinterpreted by a non-native-german software? (had once a case where the german path was destroyed by some M$ routines and not inside a software)

* try to play with date settings! I spend weeks finding a bug with sybase due to an issue with german date settings ......

* perhaps you should check / send the initial Valentina call with the serials to Ruslan(?) to see if there is anything right .... did you have ANY working app using the new serials? ...

------------
@Ruslan: Can't we try to generate a new serial to see if this will work?!?!?!
------------

Just to get it the right way, the old version of your app is working fine on Windows 7, but the new one not???

Of course you can give me a call (as far as I think you're in Germany, too) but I'm not sure if I can give any more help except four eyes are seeing more then two.

Freundlicher Gruss,

Thorsten Hohage
--

Valentina Technology Evangelist
generic objects  GmbH - Leiter Solution Center Nord

Tel: +49 172 2920328

generic objects  GmbH
San.-Dr.-Geiger-Str. 15, 74206 Bad Wimpfen, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jochen Peters
Registergericht Stuttgart HRB 108337 UST-IdNr: DE172324689

Tel: +49 7063  950-134   Fax: +49 7063 950-136
http://www.genericobjects.de