Exeption in table.Flush

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon May 31 12:48:12 CDT 2010

On 31/5/10 8:34 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

> This isn't an issue with XP but only with FAT32. But I just read that this was
> 4 GB and not 2.
>
> On 31.05.2010, at 19:16, Robert Brenstein wrote:
>
>> On 18.05.10 at 09:32 +0100 Thomas Flemming apparently wrote:
>>> Hi Ruslan,
>>>
>>> I tried again:
>>> Just doing database.flush every 100 records, but the crash still remains at
>>> almost the same filesize.
>>>
>>> Seems like the vdb cant grow beyond 2,1 GB.
>>>
>>> Can you please check this?
>>> At least 4gb should be possible on Windows XP/NTFS.
>
>> Is it possible that you are running into file size limit from the
>> operating system? Older systems used to have a limits around 2 GB.

Actually we have reproduce problem, Ivan described it in mantis...

Bug is very rare, because Thomas have specify db.SegmentSize to be very
small 1Kb

Actually db.SegmentSize specifies yet max size limit for SINGLE embedded
logical file in the Valentina db.

1Kb segment should give 4GB size for SINGLE file.
But on some bug -- it fails on 2GB./

Ivan now try catch that bug.