V4RB: VException??

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue May 4 01:25:39 CDT 2010

Hello Claudius,

Monday, May 3, 2010, 11:29:10 PM, you wrote:

> Hello,

> I have following Code

>   SQLString="SELECT RecID,Online FROM Currencies"
>   CurEx=V4RBSQLSelect(tmpDB,SQLString)
>   Ende=CurEx.RecordCount
>
>   //Links korrigieren in Currencies
>   cmd="ALTER TABLE Currencies MODIFY COLUMN Online OBJECTPTR
> CONSTRAINT Currencies_Online__Online REFERENCES Online ON DELETE RESTRICT"
>   count=V4RBSQLExecute(tmpDB,cmd)

... REFERENCES Online ...

I  believe  there  is just a table named "Online" along with the field
Currencies.Online - yes?

Tell  me  please  also  - what do you want to change in plain english.
Because  currently we are going to allow altering of ObjectPtr without
zeroing   the   data  only  if  you change some properties which don'e
affect referential properties. NUllable, field or link name and so on.
But if you want to alter ObjectPtr to refer another table you will get
an empty values anyway.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc