VExeption codes

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Mar 20 13:51:08 CDT 2010

On 3/20/10 1:38 PM, "Thomas Flemming" <tf at ttqv.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> ok, when I open this database in VS, and try to open this specific table,
> called "Großbritannien", I get kernel error 70503, which might the same, just
> hex.
>
> kernel_error.xml says:
>
> <SQLSTATE name="70503">
>    <DESCRIPTION>ERR_TABLE_NOT_FOUND</DESCRIPTION>
>    <MESSAGE>Table &quot;%S&quot; not found.</MESSAGE>
> </SQLSTATE>
>
> but the table is there. Ist even listed in Schema-editor. do you maybe have a
> problem with the "ß" in tha table name?

Yes possible.

> Is it somehow possible to get the errormessage also in the VExeption ?

Yes.

Class Vexception in all Valentina adks have

    exc.ErrNumber
    exc.ErrMesage

Or something like this. Not remember exact names now

> Are there more chars, which vdb has problems as table/field-names?

Tend to use english names.

I remember some time ago I have try to use Russian names.
For tables and fields.

In  fact this did work, if to wrap names in all SQL commands by ""
But often one forget todo this.