Error -39, what can I do?

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Wed Mar 10 10:04:56 CST 2010

-39 means a corrupted database. Please see for instance:

http://photoshop911.typepad.com/help/2004/07/photoshop_and_e.html

Can she install the database on another computer?

Am 10.03.2010 um 08:49 schrieb Tiemo Hollmann TB:

> I am using V4REV3 in a standard product on Win and Mac, with a
> prefilled db where the customer can’t add or change any records, so
> my app only reads from the db.
> This app runs fine on all kind of machines, but (up to now) at one
> customer with Mac OS X 10.6.2  the opening of the Valentina db
> fails. The db file resides within my app bundle (which perhaps is
> not a good practice, but was easy to install and works at all other
> customers)
>
> Error message: “Database could not be opened: Applications/foo/foo/
> foo.db Ref: foo, Error: -39” (what means “end of file”)
>
> The customer says she has all admin privileges and has tried to
> install my app also in  user based directories, like the dektop with
> the same result.
> The customer also tried to repair the privileges and volume with the
> disk utility, without result

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.