convert version 1 to 2

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Mon Jun 28 15:31:57 CDT 2010

On 6/28/10 11:21 PM, "Chris Sheffield" <cmsheffield at gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Chris,

> Wow, it's been a while since I've done much work with Valentina. So long, in
> fact, that I don't have much experience at all with the latest version(s) of
> Valentina. But we (Read Naturally) have a need to convert an older app to use
> a newer version of Valentina so that we can better support newer hardware
> (Intel) on the Mac.

ok

> So here's my question. We do have a license for Valentina 3.5.3. We just
> haven't used it. I am trying to take our old Valentina database (1.x) and
> convert it using the Valentina Studio Convert_1_2 option.

> I'm using a licensed version of Valentina Studio 3.5.2.
> Unfortunately, nothing seems to be happening.

> I select my old .vdb file when asked, but I get no prompt asking
> where to save to, and no other feedback. No kind of error or anything. Was
> there a bug that I'm running into? Are we just going to have to upgrade to the
> latest version in order to fix this? Or am I simply doing something wrong?
> That database opens just fine in Valentina Studio as a version 1 database. If
> we do need to get the latest version of Valentina/Valentina Studio, does it
> still have the ability to convert an older version 1.x database to the latest
> version?
>
> If anyone can offer any hints, I'd appreciate it. I am currently using v4rev
> and Revolution 4.0 for development.

Yes, convert_1_2 was improved constantly  if somebody have found that his db
was special enough.

We have drop Convert_1_2  -- I am not sure when. May be 4.5 or 4.3
Should be mentioned in ChangeLog of mantis.

If assume that your db is special, I Can recommend first of all download
latest build with Convert_1_2()
    try 4.5  if no here such command
    then 4.3

And check if that version CAN convert your db