convert version 1 to 2

Chris Sheffield cmsheffield at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 15:21:28 CDT 2010

Wow, it's been a while since I've done much work with Valentina. So long, in fact, that I don't have much experience at all with the latest version(s) of Valentina. But we (Read Naturally) have a need to convert an older app to use a newer version of Valentina so that we can better support newer hardware (Intel) on the Mac.

So here's my question. We do have a license for Valentina 3.5.3. We just haven't used it. I am trying to take our old Valentina database (1.x) and convert it using the Valentina Studio Convert_1_2 option. I'm using a licensed version of Valentina Studio 3.5.2. Unfortunately, nothing seems to be happening. I select my old .vdb file when asked, but I get no prompt asking where to save to, and no other feedback. No kind of error or anything. Was there a bug that I'm running into? Are we just going to have to upgrade to the latest version in order to fix this? Or am I simply doing something wrong? That database opens just fine in Valentina Studio as a version 1 database. If we do need to get the latest version of Valentina/Valentina Studio, does it still have the ability to convert an older version 1.x database to the latest version?

If anyone can offer any hints, I'd appreciate it. I am currently using v4rev and Revolution 4.0 for development.

Thanks,
Chris

--
Chris Sheffield