AW: Is it Rev, is it Valentina, is it MacOS? Need Help!

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan at paradigmasoft.com
Thu Jul 22 00:35:54 CDT 2010

On 7/21/10 5:13 PM, "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:

Hi Tiemo,

> Hello Ivan,
> I now have set my OS X 10.5.8 back to January from my backup
> I haveing made a fresh install of Valentina 4.7 and Rev 4.0
> I am still using IOEncoding "Macintosh" (UTF-8 didn't worked)

> Now it shows, that I CAN SELECT again data with Umlaute,

So something was backuped,

But V4REV is new 4.7,  and REV is new 4
And it works ...

> but it displays all Umlaute with wrong symbols

Font problem ?

> As I said before, I don't use any special char sets and I didn't changed
> anything related in my existing prog.

> What has changed in between Valentina and Rev? Something with
> Unicode-changes?

We also did not touch V4REV here.
And Ivan reports that

* he have test REV 3.5 and REV 4.0  -- same problem for him
So it not looks like REV have changed something

* Ivan say that on WIN and MAC it not works for him. Not 3.5 not 4.0
You say that WIN works for you ... Strange ...

* Ivan says that in Debugger he see that V4REV put into RESULT correct
string, in the IO Encoding. The same string byte to byte as was set from
REV.

This means for me ... That problem is

A) in REV itself

B) in Fonts of Window / controls that get this string ...

I did not ask Ivan, if he have try this test

REV CODE:

 put "Some strings with accents" into v1
   save v1 to field of cursor

  read field of cursor into v2

v1 and v2 must be the same byte to byte ...