AW: Is it Rev, is it Valentina, is it MacOS? Need Help!

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jul 21 09:13:23 CDT 2010

Hello Ivan,
I now have set my OS X 10.5.8 back to January from my backup
I haveing made a fresh install of Valentina 4.7 and Rev 4.0
I am still using IOEncoding "Macintosh" (UTF-8 didn't worked)
Now it shows, that I CAN SELECT again data with Umlaute, but it displays all
Umlaute with wrong symbols
As I said before, I don't use any special char sets and I didn't changed
anything related in my existing prog.
What has changed in between Valentina and Rev? Something with
Unicode-changes?

Some answers to your older questions below

> >  I (actually Mark S.!) could get to run the substack again
> > after having removed a german Umlaut from a function.
>
> Sounds weird. How it relates to very first ValentinaInit() call??

Not directly, beside it were two sudden errors of existing functions, which
run over a year, which came "over night" without having changed anything

> > Everything else works fine with the new release. The
> > Valentina DB can be opened and seems to work almost normally. Btw.
> > Displaying datas with german Umlaute works OK (the IOEncoding of the
> > Valentina DB is “Macintosh”). It’s just the selecting. But searching
> > (SELECT) for words with Umlaute is an essential “feature” in a german
> dictionary!
>
> What  do  you  means  with "selecting"? Please show some query which
> does not
> work. As I get it - the same query works for win and does not for Mac?

Yes it is a very basic statement, e.g.:
select * from begriffe where begriff_name like '%änd%'

> Sounds  like  something wrong with V4REV installation. I would
> recommend to
> remove all Valentina components and install most fresh V4REV.

Yes I did

> > And now a very strange thing where I hope that some guys with more
> > Mac experience than me could get a direction of a hint:
> > -          I copied an old standalone bundle on the Mac, which
> > still runs fine. After that I copied the newly created app into this
> old bundle – and it works!
>
> What do you mean speaking of some bundle? Could you be more specific?

When I open my myProgram.app package (bundle) and go into /Contents/MacOS/
and replace there just my binary

> Also please specify which versions do you use?
> What  about vStudio on that mac? is it ok with that data and queries?

Yes in VStudio it has shown all the time the Umlaute correctly