Problems with Umlaute in 4.7

Peter Malecki pemalecki at googlemail.com
Tue Jul 20 09:28:20 CDT 2010

Hi Tiemo,

I used the same preferences. Please try in RunRev something like this: set
the unicodeText of fld "data_from_valentina" to
uniencode(cursor_variable,UTF8), even you use UTF16 in Valentina! Then I
think RunRev will display the umlauts from Valentina in a correct way. But
that doesn't solve the procedures for searching or writing. For searching I
found a solution but I don't remember :-)

On Tue, Jul 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM, Tiemo Hollmann TB <toolbook at kestner.de>wrote:

>  Hi Peter,
>

> it is very mysterious, because I have got it to run for over a year and
> “without having changed” anything it doesn’t works anymore.
>
> Now, after having upgraded and fresh installed Valentina, as well as RunRev
> with still the same problems my “feeling” is that it came with any System
> Update of Mac OS X between April and now (current: 10.5.8). But my knowledge
> is far too less to get an idea, where in between the routines of
> Mac-OS-Valentina-Runrev it could affect the handling of the code page and
> what to change.
>

> Even my device “never change a running system” (I stayed on the old
> versions of Valentina and Runrev) didn’t worked anymore – perhaps because of
> any automatic update. I will never again update ANYTHING if I ever get this
> to run again.
>

> I still hope anybody has an idea where to look for.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tiemo

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Peter Malecki