V4MD: Insertion of a blank line while importing text

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Jan 22 06:20:51 CST 2010

Hello Panagiotis,

> Hello there.

> I am using Valentina for Director 11 (PC) and I noticed that when
> importing text from a Text or VarChar field, Valentina inserts a
> blank line for every RETURN (paragraph change) there is in the text.
> This happens both if storing plain text or storing the RTF encoding
> (which I translate to formatted text with the member(x).rtf command
> within Director) in VStudio. The problem does NOT happen if I import
> the text (either txt or rtf) from a text file on my disk drive,
> using the import button or importFileInto command of Director.

> Could you please let me know why this may happen?

> Regards,
> Takis

I'm trying to reproduce it and found nothing for now...

So I do following:
Run vStudio and create a new db.
Then,

CREATE TABLE t1 ( f1 long, f2 VarChar(128) );

Then I add a single record and fill f2 with such text:

Test1
Test2
Test3

Then do export to the file - it looks like this:

1       "Test1
Test2
Test3
"

After that - create another table for import:

CREATE TABLE t2 ( f1 long, f2 VarChar(128) );

And do import from file.
t2 looks like t1 now -

Test1
Test2