[V4RB]OpenDB(classesWay) in Server

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Thu Jan 14 16:07:05 CST 2010

Hi all,

I have a problem with a rather complex DB:
It is constructed (and filled) in single mode and classes way. I then put it into the server directory. VStudio is able to open it, but I cannot open it in Realbasic. I am able to find the Database, but the Tables are all NIL.

------
Sub openDB_Server
  dim location as folderitem
  Valentina.InitClient()
  isClient = true

  dim myConnection as VConnection = NEW VConnection(kgsURL, "xxx", "xxx")
  myConnection.Open

  if myConnection.IsConnected then
    myDB = NEW clMyDB(myConnection)
    location = GetFolderItem(clMyDB.myServerName)
    mydb.Open(location)
  else
    MsgBox "Verbindung zum  Server klappt nicht"
  end if

-----
NEW clMyDB:

  Super.Constructor(inConnection)

  //ConstructorCommon

-----

In this way, I can find the DB on the Server (Debugger gives the correct name), but if I try to run the ConstructorCommon and thus instantiate the Tables, the Programm quits without any Exception. If I go through the table-Constructors step by step, I can go quite far without the quiet crash. It seems that there is too havy traffic.
BTW: the largest table has 3'300'000 entries.

Is there a solution?

Thanks

Karl Grob