VSDK.framwork conflict?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Wed Jan 13 11:44:27 CST 2010

Hello,

I have an Rev App with a V4REV_3 DB, which is read only.

Now I have always again customers, where my App has run fine (on Mac and
Win, different versions) and from one day to the other they can't run my app
anymore because the DB can't be opened or read anymore.

At some customers the problem stays also after a couple of restarts of my
app, reboots of the computer. Some customers get it run again after a
restart, but the error cames back again another time. At some customers
after a fresh reinstall the app runs again, but there are also customers
where the same error comes up even after a complete reinstall of the app.

Because of my app has run and nothing has changed in my app or the db, I am
thinking of any conflicts with the system. E.g. could it be that the
VSDK.framework on Mac can produce any incompatibility or conflicts? Is this
possible? Or any other component? What about a conflict of the dlls on
windows?

Could it be a conflict of different versions of the VSDK.framework on the
same machine? What the heck is the VSDK.framework at all?

Does Valentina writes when starting any components to any directories, which
could get corrupted, where I could look for or delete them, so that they
would be recreated?

Any other idea, what could produce such conflicts that the valentina db
can't get opened any more, even after a fresh reinstall?

Thank you for any ideas or hints where start searching

Tiemo