Vserver installation

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Fri Jan 8 08:20:16 CST 2010

Hello Richard,

> I'm working with a large datacenter developing the front-end to
> their storage systems. They have now given me a shiny new loaded
> Win2008 server (SP2) to play with exclusively. I've loaded Vserver
> 4.3 and everything looks good except that I can't get it to Start.
> Whenever I try, Windows returns that it can't start the app and
> exits. Have I jumped the gun? Do you support the latest version of
> Windows server? I don't believe they run anything else. Are you
> familiar with any possible conflicts?

1. Check the vServer log - it should be created in vServer folder.
Looks like Valentina Server 4_20100108_161009.log

2. Probably IP ports which are used by vServer (default settings are
15432 for not-secure connections and 15433 for ssl-connections) are in
use. See Valentina Server 4.ini

3.  Firewall  or  antivirus activities. As far as I remember it was
some slowdown with norton ativirus...

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc