Revisiting Segment Issues

jda jda at his.com
Thu Feb 25 11:56:46 CST 2010

>Some more thoughts:
>
>The database is 31 GB. The user's version of Mac OS is 10.6.2. So
>far this is the only user reporting this. After archival an
>automatic diagnose is done with a very visible "the database has
>problems". Currently the application is in beta and so doesn't have
>too many users.
>
>The Valentina version is currently 4.3. I will install 4.5 and ask
>the user to archive again.

Hm, I wonder if I've just found something similar. A user can
reproducibly corrupt a small db (about 400-500K) by repeated writing
and updating the same blob field, maybe 2000 times (don't know at
what # this happens). But the db grows to > 1 GB. I got a copy of it
and diagnose said it was damaged (segment errors with the blob
field). When I cloned it, the size went back to about 400K.

Please post here again when  you've tried 4.5 (I'm still on 4.2). I'd
like to hope it has been fixed...

Jon