Revisiting Segment Issues

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Thu Feb 25 11:47:45 CST 2010

Some more thoughts:

The database is 31 GB. The user's version of Mac OS is 10.6.2. So far
this is the only user reporting this. After archival an automatic
diagnose is done with a very visible "the database has problems".
Currently the application is in beta and so doesn't have too many users.

The Valentina version is currently 4.3. I will install 4.5 and ask the
user to archive again.

Anfang der weitergeleiteten E-Mail:

> Von: Beatrix Willius <bwillius at gmx.de>
> Datum: 25. Februar 2010 17:53:35 MEZ
> An: Valentina Developers <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
> Betreff: Revisiting Segment Issues
> Antwort an: Valentina Developers <valentina at lists.macserve.net>
>
> Hi Ruslan and team,
>
> you may remember the error 3164 from mid of 2008. I think I have
> something similar again. As then it's a user who has been hitting the
> database with several GB at once. Again the BLOBs have issues. This
> time I managed to get a database diagnose (via VStudio).
>
> As I remember from the discussion last time I added flushing after
> adding each record.
>
> ==========> Field: MessageRawData , type BLOB
> .....> SegmentFile:
> 					Segment 3395377 has wrong mIndex must be 7 in fact 0
> 					Segment 3395377 has wrong mFirstSegment must be 3395371 in fact 0
> 					Segment 3395377 has wrong mPrevSegment must be 3395376 in fact 0
>
> Problems found!  ( SegmentFile: )
>

> ==========> Field: AttachmentData , type BLOB
> .....> SegmentFile:
> 					Segment 1335427 has wrong mIndex must be 12 in fact 0
> 					Segment 1335427 has wrong mFirstSegment must be 1335416 in fact 0
> 					Segment 1335427 has wrong mPrevSegment must be 1335426 in fact 0
>
> Problems found!  ( SegmentFile: )
>
> Problems found!  ( Field: AttachmentData , type BLOB )
>
> How to proceed? Sending the database via Internet is extremely
> impractical because it is so large. Mantis gives me a server error
> 500.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: archive, clean and search email
http://www.beatrixwillius.de
Fractals, 3d landscapes etc.